The Bout-du-Lac Nature Reserve
Escape to the Bout-du-Lac nature reserve, for a moment of calm and serenity.
The last large natural and wild area on the shores of Lake Annecy, the Bout-du-Lac nature reserve of more than 84 hectares, is a marshy land, crossed by two waterways: the dead water and the Ire, flowing into the Annecy lake.
During your visit, we advise you to follow the pedagogical path, which will allow you to walk around the reserve, while meeting throughout your walk, informative panels on the surrounding fauna and flora.
Located south of the Annecy lake, this natural area offers a diversity favorable to the establishment of a large number of animal or plant species, common, rare or sensitive.
If you are a keen observer, here is a small glimpse of the fauna that you can discover, at the bend of a path:
- While strolling along the path, it is not uncommon to marvel at some rare species of butterflies and dragonflies, flying delicately around you.
- Look for the toad in the reed bed: its favorite refuge!
And that's not all! The reed bed is also home to the European beaver, as well as reptiles from Haute-Savoie.
- Many fishes: pikes, perches and tanches, among others, are also there!
- Finally, hidden behind the higher parts of the reedbed, you will observe many birds such as:
- Breeding birds: the spotted locustelle or the three warblers, the reed burner, and the bittern...
- Wintering birds: red-headed pochard, tufted duck, scaup...
Thanks to the diversity of the fauna living in the heart of this reserve, a remarkable flora has developed.
Our little anecdote:
The reserve is home to a remarkable tree, the great oak of the prairie, which, believe it or not, received the public's favorite award for "Tree of the Year"!
A trail adapted to all!
Accessible to young and old, the trail is also adapted for people with disabilities.
Indeed, people with reduced mobility will be able to access it easily, and people with visual disabilities will be able to benefit from Braille translation on the signs that you will find along your bucolic walk.
The little plus of the Bout-du-Lac nature reserve :
Take part in the fun and educational activities that are offered throughout the year. You can discover all the secrets of this exceptional place.
For more information (website in French):
Enjoy, observe, learn all the secrets of this natural space, and stay in our hotel, after a beautiful day rich in discoveries.